100 Things. baaaa.
okay. meme sheep that i am, i'm giving in. many of the journals i read are doing this. herewith, my list of a hundred things you might not know about me.
oooooo, lookie, lookie! there's even a webring for this!
- i wear two toe rings - both silver, one with a Celtic swirl, one with a blue stone.
- i have a print of Hippolyte Flandrin's Jeune Homme over both home and work desk.
- i've thought about legally changing my last name to my mother's maiden name.
- i'm embarrassed to travel in Europe, because i've forgotten all my French.
- well, not all my French. i can still struggle thru.
- i can generally read Latin pretty well.
- i have no interest in learning German.
- i have a taste for single malt Scotches.
- i'm incredibly shy when i meet someone for the first time if i like them.
- i'm never assertive at the right time. i can shut down friends, but i'm too polite to be rude to strangers.
- i used to work at a theatre, and met some famous people.
- i hate asking for autographs; i do it anyway.
- i never asked for an autograph at work.
- i swear like a sailor. really. ask my friends who sail.
- i know how to steer a canoe.
- there are nearly 500 CDs in my music collection.
- i'll try nearly anything once.
- i write erotic fiction on the side to keep myself entertained.
- i hope to publish someday. probably the erotic stories.
- i'm comfortable shopping for sex toys.
- i like it when my partner talks to me.
- yes, in bed.
- i can do the backstroke, sidestroke, and crawl. not so good on the breaststroke.
- i collect little things on trips - shells, a pine cone, train tickets.
- i mean to put them all in a scrapbook someday; i haven't done it yet.
- i can kick your ass at Trivial Pursuit.
- my hobbies go thru phases; they change every few months.
- i never thought i'd still be writing this journal nearly two years in.
- i've participated in an archeological dig.
- there's a monkey with a fez on top of my monitor.
- there's another one on my dashboard.
- also on top of my monitor - my grandfather's name plate from his office.
- i remember what my grandfather smelled like.
- my dad took me fishing with my brother once, and i caught sunfish.
- i prefer to use herbal or homeopathic medicines rather than prescriptions.
- i can crack nearly every joint in my body, except my right elbow.
- i can touch my forehead to my knees in yoga pose.
- when i was about 8, my friend jane and i looked at all her dad's Playboy magazines.
- we also made a lot of crank calls.
- jane also showed me her hampster's weewee. (hey, we were 8.)
- i remember the first time i saw Wizard of Oz. my parents let me stay up late for it.
- our den in my first house was orange shag.
- and there was panelling.
- i've lived in 12 different houses or apartments.
- i still remember the phone number of my first home.
- i've had nearly 20 boyfriends.
- i think pets are more loyal than most people.
- i can recite nearly all the dialog from Young Frankenstein.
- also, Princess Bride.
- and most of Eddie Izzard's videos.
- i don't mind driving in Boston; i don't want to drive in New York.
- i was pregnant while i was married.
- no, i'm not a mother.
- snot makes me nauseuos.
- i hate it when people talk to me from the next stall.
- i used to help myself to candy from the drugstore when i worked there.
- i didn't think of it as shoplifting, more like fair pay.
- the desk i'm sitting at is the same one i had in junior high school, complete with shamrock sticker.
- my some-number-of-greats grandfather built the drop front desk on the other side of the room.
- i own an egg slicer and butter paddles.
- i've used both of them.
- my favorite shot is currently the Screaming Nazi. half Rumplemintz, half Jaegermeister.
- i want to travel to Italy - specifically Rome and Venice.
- i like to keep my refrigerator organized. milk goes in the door, butter on the second shelf, vegetables on the bottom shelf, and condiments on the right side.
- i like Marmite.
- i know how to make my own bread. and it's tasty.
- i used to run a catering business.
- i'm a bit of a control freak. (okay, that one you probably already guessed.)
- i'm addicted to my cell phone.
- there's a gargoyle sitting on top of the bookcase by the door to the kitchen, and another one on my desk.
- i used to have a thousand books, give or take; i'm slowly paring down to the ones i really want to keep.
- i almost always tip more than 20%. you have to really piss me off for me to tip less.
- i can never remember more than one joke, usually the last one i heard.
- i don't see any point in waxing your armpits.
- i do see a point in waxing your bikini line.
- i'm compulsive about tweezing; i can't travel without a pair of tweezers.
- i have to have Q Tips when i travel, too.
- i think of my sister every time i tweeze my eyebrows.
- i hate wearing makeup.
- i'm also compulsive about lip stuff - it used to have to be Carmex, but now i'm not so fussy.
- i'm very ticklish.
- very few people know my middle name.
- i want to model for an art class.
- i've played some 20,000 games of Solitaire til Dawn.
- i had a boyfriend at summer camp; his last name was Zaorski.
- everyone at school thought i'd made him up.
- i nearly didn't get confirmed because i refused to say catholic.
- my mom explained the difference between catholic with a big C and with a small c.
- i throw out chain letters.
- for a sleepover at Patti's house in junior high, we took couch cushions out on the back porch and slept outside.
- i started wearing a bra in sixth grade.
- the one good thing about gaining weight is the cleavage.
- my mom is envious of my cup size.
- i changed my handwriting a few times because i liked someone else's handwriting.
- i did a presentation on pet rocks in my sixth grade English class.
- i used to hate speaking in public.
- it's gotten easier since i stopped giving a shit what people thought.
- i've learned to make backups ever since someone doped up on cough medicine erased my entire summer intership summary.
- i fell off the jungle gym in my backyard once, and knocked the wind out of myself, enough that i prayed for someone to find me.
- i used to sit in a tree in the backyard of my second home to read; the idea was much cooler than the actual act.
yesterday :: tomorrow
your moment of...