birthday countdown: 13 days.
a bit of a survey inventory kind of thingie, courtesy of mechaieh. i've been on sort of a kick with these lately, because i like answering them. i also think that, should i come back to look at this in a year or two, it will be interesting to see where i am now.
- hair: short, fine, generally some shade of red, altho there's grey creeping in at an alarming rate.
- height: 5' 5 1/2" (ooo! same answer as mechaieh!)
- weight: oh, somewhere around 130ish, i think. i rarely step on a scale.
- figure: fullish? generally slim frame, with certain parts arguing about it.
- clothing: generally clean lines and solid colors. tending towards the classic, but not in a retro way.
- music: lots. couldn't make it thru the work day without music. pretty much all over the chart, with the exception of opera and new country western.
- makeup: not if i can help it, but i can clean up real nice if the occasion calls for it.
- body art: nah. too fussy.
- wearing: sheer animal print bra, sensible underwear, khaki shorts, green tank top, four toe rings, three earrings - one gold hoop, upper left ear, two clay bead studs with purple flowers.
- music: actually, nothing right now, as the TV is on, but i can tell you what's in the CD player - Dave Matthews and David Gray.
- thinking of: how freakin' hot it is, how it's going to be like this for at least 3 or 4 more days, the chore list, and why does my white cat insist on running his claws down the wall, making a fingernails on chalkboard sound?
- feeling: tired, aggravated, like i should be getting more done.
last thing you...
- bought: a pack of cigarettes.
- did: talked to my sis on the phone, ate broccoli and ranch dip for dinner.
- read: part of Transister Radio and bits out of Us magazine.
- watched on tv: some episode of Law and Order.
- club or house party: club
- tea or coffee: tea
- high achiever or easy-going: over achiever who tends to procrastinate
- cats or dogs: cats
- single or taken: single
- pen or pencil: ball point, with good ink, in funky colors.
- gloves or mittens: gloves, mostly
- food or candy: food *and* candy
- cassette or cd: cds, with a few good mix tapes for the car
- snuff or cigarettes: cigarettes. Camel Lights.
- coke or pepsi: isn't Coke generic for soda?
- matches or a lighter: Zippo
- sunset beach or the bold and the beautiful: sunset beach. oh, wait. are those TV shows? if so, neither.
- rickie lake or oprah winfrey: The Daily Show
who do you want to...
- kill: i'll take the Fifth on that, your Honor.
- hear from: Tanya, madolyn, my lawyer, ClearingHouse Sweepstakes, Martini Slave Boy.
- look like: my grandmother, when i reach her age
- be like: hrm. no one, really, other than more truly myself.
- food: anything fresh and well prepared; mom's cooking; sushi and Thai.
- drink: single malt Scotch for a treat, white wine most times.
- color: rich greens and purples.
- album: i couldn't pick just one. fallback album at work is Michael Hedges.
- shoes: Doc Martens in the winter, slides in the summer.
- site: oh, crap. i can't pick just one. there are about a half dozen i read daily.
- song: i'm gonna go with Once in a Lifetime, because it always makes me happy. i remember driving down thru Falmouth on a sunny day when that came on the radio, and feeling like the world was perfect at that moment.
- vegetables: broccoli, i guess. mushrooms, peas, corn.
- fruit: raspberries. fresh ones. or wild blueberries.
- last movie you saw: ...Insomnia? not really sure.
- last movie you saw on the big screen: Insomnia, if that was the last thing i saw.
- last phone number you called: no idea. probably ChicaBean.
- last thing you had to drink: orange-peach-mango juice.
- last thing you ate: a salami provolone sandwich, with mayo. and a pickle.
- last time you showered: this morning
- last time you cried: about a month ago, after a memorial service.
- last time you smiled: when i got home tonight and found a surprise package in my mailbox.
- last time you laughed: sometime today. if i don't find something to laugh about during the day, i wouldn't last.
- last person you hugged: mmm, most likely a friend that i ran into somewhere.
- last person you kissed: a boy i met; we were sitting on the trunk of my car watching the sky.
- last thing you said: what the fuck?
- last person you talked to online: Jordan
- last thing you smelled: the combined funk of my hot, sweaty feet and cat pee (haven't emptied the litter box yet tonight)
- smoke: yup. just cigs, tho.
- do drugs: once in a great while.
- sleep with stuffed animals: Bix, a golden stuffed puppy with a red collar.
- have a crush: many, most unobtainable.
- have a boyfriend/girlfriend: not currently.
- have a dream that keeps coming back: one or two.
- play an instrument: soprano recorder, poorly.
- believe there is life on other planets: quite possibly.
- read the newspaper: two or three locals daily, altho rarely on the weekends, and a few weeklies.
- have any gay or lesbian friends: most certainly.
- believe in miracles: yes. would i know one if it smacked me in the face? i don't know.
- believe it's possible to remain faithful forever: define faithful.
- consider yourself tolerant of others: in a general sense, certainly. there are a few individuals who torque the exasperation meter, tho.
- consider police a friend or foe: neither. useful presence, at best.
- like the taste of alcohol: that's a rhetorical question, right?
- have a favorite Stooge: most certainly not.
- believe in astrology: sometimes, when it fits something that's happening.
- believe in magic: yes.
- pray: yes.
- go to church: occasionally
- have any secrets: definitely
- have any pets: two kitties.
- go to or plan to go to college: went, may go again some day.
- have a degree: yes - double BA.
- talk to strangers who instant message you: never. no good can come of that.
- wear hats: in the winter, mostly, and the occasional ball cap
- have any piercings: six.
- have any tattoos: not yet. plan on getting at least two.
- hate yourself: some days. no, wait - i hate some of the things i've done.
- wish on stars: only the shooting ones.
- like your handwriting: it's serviceable.
- believe in witches: yes.
- believe in Satan: debatable
- believe in ghosts: yes
- trust others easily: on the surface, yes. but truly, deeply trust? no.
- like sarcasm: it's a way of life, baby.
- take walks in the rain: sometimes
- kiss with your eyes closed: mostly. depends on what i'm kissing. ;)
- sing in the shower: once in a great while.
yesterday :: tomorrow
your moment of...